Monday, June 8, 2009

My Dyeing Empire

I am in the process of establishing my very own personal dyeing empire. OK, that might be a slight overstatement of the situation, but I have been getting my colour on. (British spelling an obvious nod to Acloui...)
I'm making a Lizard Ridge blanket for an expected baby girl and wanted it to be washable. Noro isn't washable, but I wanted long colour changes. So here's what I did:

1) Acquire superwash merino worsted from KnitPicks.
2)Transform hanks into balls
3) Knit yarn into flats using my good old knitting machine
4) Dye yarn with Jaquard Acid dyes
5) Knit!

I'll post more pictures as I progress.

1 comment:

Christie Rowe said...

good idea. noro is scratchy and has twigs.

have you seen this?
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21933902&ref=sr_gallery_1&&ga_search_query=covered+stone&ga_search_type=all&ga_page=5&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

love.