Sunday, September 18, 2011

Spinning for Charity

Every year at work there is an e-bay style auction on the intranet to raise money for the United Way.  People are encouraged to get creative and donate unique goods and services, so I spun some yarn.  

This is 75% superwash merino/ 25% nylon bare stroll roving from knitpicks.  In the end there are 260 yards with a wpi of 10 (yes, I checked!!).  I was going for a tiger theme (one of our company's mascots), which is also fitting for fall crafting.  The original pre spinning dye-job looked like cat vomit and I was so tragically disheartened I almost chucked it.  Luckily, it is nicer spun up and I dyed it again post ply so there will be stripes of black superimposed over the barberpole striping in the orange sections.  It was kind of a stripes within stripes Inception-y thing.

I hope people appreciate my offering.  In the past I have ended up buying back my donated items.

2 comments:

brandilion said...

I would buy it!

Rebecca said...

i like it!! Halloweeney also.

Are you am LSU tiger fan deep inside? I knew it.