Saturday, December 31, 2011

Oldies but Goodies

When I go on vacation, I really go on vacation.  There has been lots of activity yarn-wise, but on this New Year's Eve I thought it would be fun to look at some sweaters I made a long, long time ago.  I purchased a Bond Incredible Sweater Machine from QVC at some point in the early 90's.  It was totally random, I have never called them before or since, but I just had to have this thing.  It was loads of fun and I eventually bought a second one and bolted them together to form a super-Bond ISM, with an approximate capacity of 200 stitches per row.  I whipped out afghans in a day and sweaters in a weekend.  While home over Christmas, my lovely mother volunteered to model some of these fiber artifacts for posterity.  Here they are in all of their acrylic glory.

No comments: