Sunday, May 27, 2007

Baby It's Cold Outside



Baby it’s cold outside is a wonderful pattern available for free at Crochetme.com. It is worked in one flat piece that magically folds up into a sweater/jacket when completed. It only took maybe 2.5 to 3 hours and one skein of Lion Brand Homespun (here in Sunshine State). I love the buttons and am pretty sure they’re choke-proof. There was guy at the fabric store with a baby waiting for his lady friend to pick out upholstery designs. He didn’t think a baby could choke on them and he let me try it out on his kid who luckily did not ingest said button. There sure are a lot of these babies pupating lately.

2 comments:

Christie Rowe said...

That is ridiculously cute. It reminds me of some knit-across baby sweater patterns I have seen. I was thinking of making one like a little garter stitch hoodie for my mom's church youth minister that just had a baby boy. It's amazing how many more projects I would do if I had internet at home. You know when you have a brainstorm at night and you JUST NEED TO GOOGLE IT! Well now I just give up and go to bed. Got a big one coming though!

Unknown said...

Okay, so you used sunshine state for the main body, right? Just curious - what did you use for the trim?

I think it turned out great, by the way!