Saturday, December 22, 2007

Quant-ify

My knitting curiosity is still pretty high, and I wanted to try something fancy looking. I had to take a stab at the Quant headband pattern from the latest issue of knitty. It reminded me of this really nice knitted entrelac throw they have displayed at the Swift Stitch. It's gorgeous, and made out of Noro Kureyon, so I grabbed a skein of that and set knitting. (Note: when I say "grabbed" I mean selected and purchased. I am not a fibre filcher.) After one try and a lot of cursing, frogging, starting something else with the yarn, frogging again, transporting said yarn to Ohio, and a nice internet tutorial on entrelac from KnittyOtter... I did it! I may make another someday, using a yarn with shorter color changes and slightly smaller gauge.

2 comments:

Christie Rowe said...

oh daaaaay-am heather you are so quickly becoming an expert knitter. that is beautiful and your edges are straight. how close is knitting to your heart now? as close as crochet?

Trifarina said...

Dude, that's crazy talk! I think I will always be plagued by the fact that I enjoy the ACT of crocheting more than the act of knitting, but the product of knitting more than crochet. So sad. I'm going to try a cable now.