Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fiber Arts at the Fair

Here's the display (one of 2.5 tables) of knitting and crocheting at the fair. My scarf, actually displayed nicely, can be seen running the front edge of the table. That's pretty cool!

Unfortunately, you really can't see most of the other items because they are all balled up under plastic. Very odd, and a tad disappointing. There was plenty of room in the building, I wonder why these entries were given the short straw. Hundreds of identical muffins and slices of cake were given plenty of elbow room, but you can't unfold a sweater so we can see the sleeves?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree, the display was lacking. I was in the same room, looking at the quilts, and never even noticed the tables of knitted & crocheted items till I asked someone in another building. The heavy plastic wrap layer made them seem like some kind of odd catering. I think your Boteh was lucky to have been creatively deployed around the table edge -- some of the nice sweaters were all folded up and could hardly be seen...

Anonymous said...

They need to work on their knit/crochet display. It's bad. Just wanted to say I loved your scarf-the zig zaggy one, right?