Monday, January 4, 2010

Uncle!




006
This yarn makes my heart sing. It is a 2-ply fingering weight wool that brushed my hand on its way to the pinnacle of tweedy perfection. The complexity of colors that blend together in this colorway (almond) is remarkable and the slightly rough feel adds an understated twinge of authenticity. I bought five skeins of this Isager Strik Højlandsgarn (Highland Yarn) at the Knitters Mercantile with intentions of crafting an incredibly complicated shetland lace shawl from the book Knits from the North Sea. After attempting several shawls from different books, I was forced to cry uncle and decided to set the bar for myself a touch lower. This quick and enjoyable knit is Ene's Scarf by Nancy Bush from Scarf Style.

002




1 comment:

Rebecca said...

very pretty!!! I need to find a nice spring shawl knit to make by may 15th-- and the bar has to be set even lower for me. suggestions?

We must meet sometime soon and catch up on holidays!