Saturday, February 12, 2011
Kettle-dying (aka I only ended up with a few blue fingers)
I kettle-dyed some roving last night, 100grams of a 70% merino 30% silk blend from my beloved knitpicks. I had never dyed plain old fluffy roving in a vat of water and was terrified that it would felt, nep, or sprout legs and run away dripping dye EVERYWHERE while trying to force the door knob open with soggy, slippery bits of wet sheep and worm poop. Since that didn't happen, I was quite less disappointed when I didn't get exactly what I expected. I can't wait to get back to spinning once I finish a Valentine Day shawl for Bev.