Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The last knitting (for awhile...)

I finished up two more scarflettes that I think are pretty cool and have helped chip away at the good old Christmas list. The buttons make them (from Harts fabric on Seabright), which is fortunate as my knitting skills are still fairly primordial. They are really quick and people seem to like them. One was specially requested for working in the lab so there wouldn't be a long scarf tail causing safety and contamination concerns.

I am taking a brief respite from the knitting for an indeterminate period of time.
1) AGU is quick approaching, and all my brainpower should be channeled towards the scientific.
2) I have tried several new things the past couple days that didn't go so well. (knitting in the round on dpns, the long coveted Elizabeth Zimmerman baby surprise jacket, etc...)
3) The Christmas list looms, and I am far better at crocheting.
4) My hording tendencies kick into turbo power with new hobbies that require more instruments. I need not to spend money right now, and additionally have been served one too many crushing ebay losses at the last second on that perfect lot of old used knitting needles of recent. You know... the kind that makes you wonder just who these bastards are, how they can type so much faster than you, and finally if they run as fast as they type when faced with bitter bidders armed with pointy sticks.

No comments: